Fire And Smoke Damage Restoration
Mishaps may happen any time even when you least expect them to happen. Fire mishaps can be devastating as they can do a lot of damages. The damages caused by fire are not only reserved to property but also affects people. It is very important to hire a reputed fire & smoke damage restoration company that would help recover and restore the damages.
Fire may break out in your home due to any reason. There are multiple reasons that may cause fire breakout in your home. You must know the different types of fire before you get restoration services. They are discussed below:
1. The first type of fire that can be caught is due to flammable solids like wood, cloth, rubber, paper and plastic items.
2. The second type of fire is caught due to flammable liquids or solids that can be liquefied after catching fire. The items that fall under this category are gasoline, wax, paint, and plastic.
3. The third category of fire that can burn the house is flammable gasses which include hydrogen, butane, propane and other natural gas.
4. The fourth fire category is when the fire is caught due to combustible metals like sodium, potassium and magnesium.
5. The fifth type of fire is similar to the first and second types; however, there is a slight difference that is it involves electrical elements.
6. The sixth type of fire breakout at home results from fats and cooking oils. This type of fire breakout is similar in nature to the second type but its nature is more severe. The fire caught by cooking oils and fats cause severe damage as they are significantly hotter.
The damages caused by a fire breakout at home can be broadly divided into two categories – first, damages caused by fire; second, damages caused by smoke. We must understand that there is a difference between smoke damage and fire damage. Let us discuss a little about smoke damage.
The flame of a fire that breaks out in a home is the primary factor of damages and destruction. However, the smoke that is emitted by burning materials is also a great source of damages. Smoke also has the ability to burn certain items. They can also get penetrated into certain materials causing them to become discolored and emit bad odor. They also leave behind a buildup of caustic residue. Read below to know about smoke that is formed after burning of certain materials.
1. The first type of smoke is wet smoke that is created in a low temperature fire that burns slowly. They are known as wet smokes as they create a thick and sticky film of residual matter that can build up on the surfaces. They also emit very strong odors, so it is very difficult to clean the residue and remove bad odor caused by this smoke.
2. Dry smoke is the second type of smoke that can be emitted when materials burn at very high temperature. This smoke is caused after a lot of damages; however, the residue can be cleaned from the solid surfaces very easily. If the powdery substance of dry smoke gets into cracks or porous substances of your home then it would cause bad odor to fill the environment. It is a difficult task to clean them on your own. So you should consider hiring a fire & smoke damage restoration expert for excellent services.
3. The third type of smoke is caused when food and organic materials are burnt and is known as protein smoke. This type of smoke forms soot that is generally light in color, so it is not easy to see it but one can feel it. The odor emitted by smoke is quite disturbing and it can permanently discolor wooden surfaces.
4. The fourth smoke type is petroleum smoke that appears to be dark and can badly stain and discolor materials it touches.
We are an expert fire and smoke damage restoration Fontana company. We have a professional team of experts that offer excellent services to restore and recover damages caused by fire and smoke. If your home has been affected by fire breakout, then you should call us for professional services.